This scholarship was launched in 2019. It saw two lucky scholars the chance to complete their ATPL Groundschool at Bristol Groundschool at a heavily discounted price.
We offered two 50% groundschool scholarships which entitled the winners to half of the cost of their ATPL(A) distance learning theory course. The full cost of the course is £2,350 and includes:
- ATPdigital CBT software which works on and offline and includes animated diagrams, videos and tests (available on PC, Mac and iPad)
- Revision weeks (3 * 5 days) at Bristol Groundschool HQ in Clevedon near Bristol.
- 6 Accelerator days (2 per module)
- 12 months’ free access to the Bristol Question Bank – BGS Online
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants had to:
- be a member of The Air League (or be applying to be a member at the time of application for the scholarship). To join, visit https://www.airleague.co.uk/membership/
- residents or full time students in the UK.
- be able to attend their first revision week within 6 months of the scholarship being notified.
- already hold a PPL(A) or be able to evidence they are able finance and complete their training by the 24th June 2019 and will be able commence their ATPL groundschool within 6 months of being awarded the scholarship
- Hold/ have confirmation from an AME that they are capable of obtaining a Class 1 Medical
- be 18 or over
- hold certain Academic qualifications – you’ll need a minimum of five GCSEs and two A-levels. The training requires a good level of understanding of maths and physics and so any qualifications that demonstrate this may be an advantage.
- be able to meet the requirements for English language proficiency (for further information visit here).
- be happy to give back to .
See www.bristol.gs for further details on all courses.
We are looking to launch further scholarships in 2020 to help future pilots gain their wings.